Friday, November 19, 2004

autumn's child

Its another beautiful autumn day here in

London and I am reminded of the song by

Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band.



'Go back ten years ago sunbeams dancing round

Go back ten yeas ago sunbeams dancing down

Autumn's child Autumn's child



Autumn's child got a loophole round her finger

Halo rings her head

Cornhusk hair makes me linger

A cat's stare meet s my dare

A man's chair greets my stare

Gonna be my wife she sang she said

Gonna be my wife gonna spice my life she said

Go back ten years ago sunbeams everywhere

Go back ten years ago sunbeams fill the air



Harvest moon be nimble

Apples bob and tremble

Fish pond streaks love kind

Found the child I have to find

Apples shine share together

Got the time to make her mine

Fish pond streaks love kind

Found the child I had to find



Autumn's child-I met her at a balloon buts picnic

She caught me with the beauty queen

With jade-green eyes buttons and bows and fancy ties

The feet of dust under trees of rust

make them sandals gambol under knees of trust

Gonna be my wife gonna spice my life she sang she said

Gonna be my wife gonna spice my life she said



Go back ten years ago sunbeams shining down

Go back ten years ago sunbeams glancin' round....

Autumn's child...............'

No comments: