Sunday, November 11, 2007

Word War (dedicated to Norm Mailer)

This is a word war.
My first word war.
Tug – no.
Stretch – Pull the other way.
Clench and grit those teeth.
At war we words this is no play.
I fight you fight we and they.
Curse and pray to weep and stitch the wounded.
Another day the fight goodly is on again.
Word Vs Word and none shall win.
For words in sin do come freely to fight on
either side.
And war is fought like a water fount and the burn of sunlight.
Eternal words at war spring forth.
All strong weak mild and tough.
The pieces are arranged for the chaos.
Logic or God.
The strategy is played out.
I hear and see and touch.
I shout and flee and ache.
You words one and three.
Where the hell do you think you are going?
I have a job for you two.
Muck out the paragraph and prepare the margins.
Its going to be a bloody mess again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.
I really liked this.

Mr Mailer will indeed be missed.