Tuesday, July 05, 2005

teaching English to teenagers while I have a fever

I've been running a mild fever now a few days.
I just started my first ever teaching job.
The school has assigned me to teenagers whom I have never taught
before.
I am too ill to design interesting and fun lessons for them.
I am just working thru a tedious boring content workbook.
Some kids are fast and keen. They want to jump up a level.
Moan Moan.
Hassle hassle.
But really, if I were them, I'd want to change class. Who wants a sickly spaced out novice teacher?

I don't want to be this way.
Sick as fuck on my first week.
It should all be so different.
A super chilled mixed nationality
friendly bunch of studes.
Lovely keen students enjoying life.
Instead I have a package tour of kids
I can't relate to from two different countries.

Ugh ........

No comments: