Monday, December 06, 2004

from the cybercafe

Bleurgh,

Just moved house, so the faithful

grey box is banged up, out of sight

for a time.

Saturday was one long hard slog and

I was virtually horizontal by the end of it!!



Still, I had ticket to go and experience

Jeff Mills under some railway arches in London Bridge.

So I dragged my sorry arse down there.



I was a total wreck until Jeff took to the decks

and worked his magic. This guy is the most powerful

purveyor on sonic experimentation.

And I don't mean a poxy little experiment where you make a testtube

go fizz. I mean an alchemical spell where you take a crowd of

people and you give them the facility to change themselves into

all powerful magicians for the night. It is exhilarating, but also

frightening. The powers that can be unleashed must be treated with respect.

This is not for the feinthearted.

Still I was taken FULLY by the evenings proceedings.



Practising your tai chi whilst mills is on

the decks and after smoking something potent from a

fellow crowd member, can have very unforseen results.

I had to hold back and restrain myself, cause I was

very close to going too far, breaking through several

psychic/physical barriers

that I am really not properly prepared for.



Mills played a ten second excerpt from CASA and

I knew it was time to go home.



I'll leave it at that.



Except I'll just add these

three magic moves I learnt



Number 1.

Invisible man.



Number 2.

One leg out then in.



Number 3.

Hot thumb disc.



No comments: